All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Monday, April 25, 2011

The brunch place a block away....

So of course our first weekend at the new apartment in San Francisco, we had to hit up the brunch restaurant a block away! It's called Sweet Maple and it's on Sutter in the Lower Pac Heights neighborhood. The restaurant is super warm and inviting. I don't drink coffee, but somehow the smell of it wakes me right up! Sweet Maple is only a breakfast and lunch joint but their menu is extensive. There were so many different options for brunch food. There were over five kinds of different eggs benedict. I got the Hass option, which had thick slices of avocado and turkey on it. The egg was a little to hard boiled (there was no runniness), but that was my only complaint. There were multiple options for breakfast pizza, so of course Chris got the bacon pizza, which had a runny egg in the center, with cheese and arugula topping the crispy crust. They have this thing called millionaire bacon, which I have to try next time I go back. It's a little pricey ($6 for a side, $2 to upgrade your meal), but sounds amazing. Basically it's thick-cut bacon with sprinkled brown sugar, red and black pepper. And usually a meal of french toast is too sweet for me, but it's their specialty and it sounds amazing on the menu, so I'll probably have to try it. I didn't even have time to look at the lunch menu, but the people at the table next to us got some sandwiches that looked pretty good. Being as how this place is only a block away, the food is delicious, and the price is reasonable, we will definitely be back. A lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment