All that glitters is good.....

All that glitters is good.....

Monday, November 21, 2011

An Educational (?) Movie

This past Sunday I watched the historical movie "The Conspirator." This flick centers around the trial of Mary Surratt, the one female charged as a co-conspirator in the assassination of Abraham Lincoln. Robert Redford directed this movie for The American Film company, so I'm not quite sure how many historic liberties they took with the film (I will never claim to be a history buff). I hope it was fairly accurate because I feel like I actually learned something by watching it. Robin Wright stars as Surratt, with James McAvoy and Tom Wilkinson as her lawyers. This is definitely an example of Redford's power in Hollywood, as the entire supporting cast is star studded. Supporting roles include Kevin Kline, Evan Rachel Wood, Justin Long, Alexis Bledel and Danny Huston. I think everyone did amazing in this, with the breakouts being Wright and McAvoy. It's definitely an interesting film and if you like history I would recommend it. The one downside is that the movie clocks in at a little over two hours, so it can get a little lengthy and drag on for some.

No comments:

Post a Comment